1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each workshop description is required at the time of booking.
2. The balance of the workshop price is due 4 weeks prior to the date of the workshop. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 4 weeks or less prior to the workshop date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing, emails are acceptable. These charges are a percentage of the total workshop price, and are as follows: 56 - 42 days before departure 50%; 41 - 28 days before workshop 75%; 29 days or less before departure 100%.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not guarantee acceptance of a booking for the course. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking via email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us. An administration charge of £20 will be made for alterations/amendments to a booking. The transfer of a booking from one workshop to another, if made more than 30 days prior to workshop, will also incur a fee of £10. The intention to transfer should be sent via email. At 29 days or less before departure cancellation fees will also apply (see Section 3 above).
5. Damien Taylor Workshops reserves the right to alter or cancel any workshop. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Damien Taylor Workshops. In addition, in the case of cancellation and where cancellation is not due to underbooking or force majeure as defined below, we will pay you compensation on the following scale: more than 56 days before departure nil; 56 - 43 days before departure £10 per person; 42 - 29 days before departure £15 per person; 28 - 15 days before departure £20 per person; 14 - 0 days before departure £25 per person. You are referred to clause 16 below.
6. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a course is not met, and if we have to cancel a course for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to date of the workshop. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
7. In the event of the Damien Taylor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. The type of holidays we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and holiday description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the course, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
10. Damien Taylor Workshops does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the workshop participant.
11. Damien Taylor Workshops accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Damien Taylor Workshops does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
12. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us via email within 28 days of the completion of the workshop.
13. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
14. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your workshop destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your course. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms of your own travel insurance as per clause 16 above.
15. By booking a workshop, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who books the workshop does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
16. We accept all major card types including Visa, Mastercard, Maestro. Unfortunately we do not except AMEX. There is a 2% charge if paying by a credit card. No charge for a debit card.